Local Motors Rally Fighter concept
We criticize the idea of design by committee when it comes from a major automaker, but Local Motors touts its open, inclusive process of collaboration as a deep strength. LM has decided to put Sangho Kim's Rally Fighter concept into production. Just like a proper automaker, lots of words bloom on the webpage -- most of them the etymological equivalent of weeds. The Rally Fighter is intended to scream across a variety of surfaces in glorious four-wheel drifts. Watching the progression of Kim's styling from sketch to metal will be intriguing. The drawings show a vehicle with the typical bombastic proportions of a concept, but if this thing ends up in production with its outlandishly large wheels, impossibly low roof, and exoskeleton-inspired body sculpting, we'll definitely be clamoring around the auto show stand to check it out.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX