Time to slug your way to the office?
It seems that the practice of slugging began in Virginia over thirty years ago. According to Virginia Department of Transportation estimates, 6,500 commuters a day slug or pick up slugs. Authorities in Virginia have nothing to do with the practice and say that the lines form all by themselves. Slugging works near the Nation's Capitol because most jobs are concentrated in a small area and most people live outside the actual city. What's more, many slugs are government workers, and there is a sense of trust between them.
[Source: Hampton Roads]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video