Polish re-engineered Cree SAM to roll again?
It had seemed like the Swiss-born psycho-looking three wheeler from Cree had died in 2003 when the company closed its doors but now comes word that the "SAM" project has been adopted by a Polish company and may be rolling out of factory doors soon. Just like Steve Austin, after the crash and burn, the SAM is coming back stronger, faster, and with
a bionic eye lithium-polymer batteries for a longer range. Impact Automotive Technologies (IAT) of Pruszków, Poland claim to have re-engineered the beast which now sports a brushless AC motor, a data logger and programmable onboard charger. Although no performance numbers have been published, ATI says it has been road tested and has received certification in Italy and the UK. Plans are to begin the first run of 500 vehicles this September with 5000 units being targeted for 2009. It is a little unclear where or by whom they will be sold by but we hope they all somehow find nice homes. Hit the jump to check out the original SAM Cree in action.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!