Ford's capless filling system could be a problem as fuel thefts rise
Update: Ford's Alan Hall has informed me that that a locking cap is available for the direct fill system from Ford dealers. The locking cap will of course negate the convenience factor of not messing with a cap. The tank also has other measures to deter theft making it comparable to a standard setup with a lockless capped system. It does not however, affect the improved sealing that reduces evaporative emissions maintaining the most important functional aspect of the system.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models