2009 Chevy Traverse priced from $28,990
The fourth addition to General Motors' lineup of Lambda CUVs, the 2009 Chevy Traverse, has officially been priced from $28,990, which includes a $735 destination charge. As with most Chevy models, the Traverse can be had in LS, LT and LTZ models. It will be the first and only Lambda CUV to be equipped with the direct-inject version of GM's 3.6L V6, which must irritate Buick Enclave owners who have paid a lot more for their Lambda sans DI, that will be mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The 3.6L DI V6 produces 288 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque in the Traverse, and can power the front wheels or all four in AWD models. The Traverse can also carry eight people if you opt for the second-row bench, though we imagine those several passengers stuffed in the way back will not be your friends anymore upon arrival. Unfortunately, Chevy has not released any more detailed pricing information, so we can't say just how expensive the 2009 Traverse can get if you load it up an LTZ model with all of the bells and whistles. Regardless, with the best engine among all the Lambda CUVs, it'd be our choice of the lot.
Chevrolet Announces Pricing For The 2009 Traverse
DETROIT – Chevrolet announced the 2009 Traverse crossover will carry a MSRP of $28,990, including a $735 destination charge, for the 2WD LS model. It goes on sale this fall.
"With its great styling, leading fuel economy and comprehensive roster of equipment, the Traverse is a great expression of Chevrolet value," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.
The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse is an expressively styled, well-equipped crossover that delivers people-hauling and cargo-carrying capability typically found in larger SUVs. It is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations. Product highlights include:
- Expressive styling inspired by the 2008 Malibu
- Optimized aerodynamics that enhance fuel economy and reduce wind noise
- Four-wheel independent suspension system
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
- Family of 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheels
- Seating for up to eight adults
- Second-row Smart Slide seat feature, for easy access to the third-row seats
- Rear-seat entertainment system with second-row controls
- Six standard air bags, including side curtain air bags that deploy over all three seating rows
- OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Direction Download and eNav (with navigation system)
- XM Satellite Radio including NavTraffic real-time traffic feature (with navigation system)
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models