Meet the Ecocustom, a project for Shell's EcoMarathon
One of the teams, made up of students from the Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain, contacted us to showcase their entry: the EcoCustom. The most evident innovation is how "conventional-looking" the car is, but last year they still managed a test result of 385 km on a single liter (925 mpg). The team expects to surpass the 500 km/l figure for the next competition, to keep CO2 emissions at minimum.
What are they using? The base engine is a 4-stroke Honda GX 35 on an aluminium frame (or titanium if budget allows it) with synthetic fabric body. It's got lightweight rims, double circuit brakes, transmission, steering, electrics, telemetry and high-speed bearings. Good luck!
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models