New York City trying car-free experiment in August
The Village Voice says that NYC is taking a page from the Ciclovia festival, a regular event in Bogotá, Columbia, and other similar events from around the world. It's not just that the city is shutting the streets down to make it safer for bike riders. No, this is a full-fledged summer activity program, with dance, fitness, and yoga classes on tap. Transportation Alternatives is one of the groups supporting the city in Summer Streets, and a spokesperson for the group told the Voice that this program will bring people together and will connect "communities who don't have parks to those who do."
One taxi manager's response to the idea: "They've got to be kidding,"
[Source: NYC via the Village Voice]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models