British gas gets to almost $15/gallon at some stations
So you think $4.50 a gallon is tough to swallow? How about nearly $15/gallon? That's what drivers in some parts of south-west England and Wales are faced with this week. A strike by tanker drivers who deliver fuel to Shell stations has left many stations in the region running out of gas and diesel. We all know what happens when fuel supplies run low but demand doesn't; it's economics 101. This time around, station owners have started ramping up the prices to as much as £1.99 a litre or $14.76 per US gallon. Talks between the union and the trucking company are ongoing, but at this point it looks like the strike will be continuing through this weekend.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- Ford GT production extended by two years
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Honda reveals Civic hatch
- Jeremy Clarkson on his way to Game of Thrones
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!