No, Middle East investors are not buying the car company, it's the building in mid-town Manhattan they want. The Chrysler building was briefly (in 1930) the tallest building in the world before the Empire State building was completed a year later. it served for a time as the New York offices of the car company and remains an Art Deco icon in the city, and the world for that matter. It's certainly more attractive than most of the vehicles bearing the same name today. The Abu Dhabi Investment Council is reportedly looking at buying a 75% stake in the tower for $800 million. The share of the building is currently owned by Atlanta-based investment fund TMW. The other 25 percent of the building is owned by Tishman Speyer Properties. Back in the wake of the DaimlerChrysler merger, Jurgen Schrempp talked of renovating the long unused upper floors of the building for use as a world headquarters office space, but its unkown if the renovations ever happened. It certainly didn't serve as a home to DCX. Thanks for the tip, Dave!
[Source: New York Post, via AllPar.com]


I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.


    • 1 Second Ago
  • From Our Partners

    You May Like
    Links by Zergnet
    Cars for Sale Near You

    Share This Photo X