Ford to shift U.S. truck plants over to producing Euro car models
The European lineup will evidently be the key to all of this. While the Ford Fusion (and its siblings) is getting a major refresh later this year, the full redesign that will happen a couple years down the road will see it converge once again with the Mondeo. Meanwhile, the Focus that had its second best month ever in May will get replaced by the European version in 2011. Similarly, the Ohio plant that builds the big E-Series vans will also switch over to the smaller Transit van. Ford should be outlining the full plan next month.
[Source: Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video