Nissan presentation previews RWD sports coupe
Expected to be based on a shortened version of the Z's FM platform and dubbed FR, the new coupe should be powered by either a naturally aspirated 2.0L or possibly a 1.6L or 1.8L turbocharged four-cylinder. Speculation is that the S15 Silvia successor will be approximately 4,350 mm long, 1,750 mm wide and share the same wheelbase as the Z. Low weight and low price are key, and just like with its competitors from Subaru and Toyota, Nissan wants to keep the curb weight low, along with the price. We expect Nissan to beat Toyota to the punch by debuting the coupe in 2010, a full year before the Toyota/Subaru.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies