Toyota's Irv Miller talks hybrid battery supplies
Miller mentions the same things the he told ABG the other day and then goes on to discuss the situation in a little more detail. The Panasonic EV Energy plant in Omori, Japan currently builds the batteries for Toyota's hybrids and it is being expanded. A new lithium ion battery line is being installed to supply batteries for the first plug-in Priuses that are coming in 2010. Toyota expects to sell 450,000 hybrids worldwide this year, an amount that the company has stated it wants to increase to 1 million annually sometime within the next decade.
[Source: Toyota Open Road]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video