Full press release after the jump.
FORD DELIVERS CUSTOMERS TRUCKS THEY WANT AND NEED, OFFERING EMPLOYEE PRICING ON F-SERIES IN JUNE
- America's best-selling and most capable truck for 31 years, Ford's F-Series pickup can now be purchased for the same price Ford employees pay.
- Ford's Employee Pricing Program begins June 3 and runs through June 30 on 2008 model year F-Series, including F-150, F-250 and F-350.
- The Ford Employee Pricing Program is designed to drive showroom traffic through the busy month of June, offering customers for a limited time the chance to purchase or lease an F-Series pickup for the same price as Ford employees.
Beginning today and running through June 30, Ford's Employee Pricing Program will be available on 2008 model F-Series pickups, including the F-150, F-250 and F-350. Harley Davidson and chassis cab models are not included.
"Customers have made F-Series America's best-selling truck for 31 years because it gets the job done. Now, we're offering even more value on our hard-working trucks," said John Felice, Ford general marketing manager. "The Ford Employee Pricing Plan on 2008 model F-Series is a great deal with a clear, compelling message that shows customers how much we value their business."
Customers in the more than 3,600 Ford showrooms across the U.S. will be eligible to receive the highly prized employee discount pricing.
The plan is simple to understand. All 2008 model F-Series, except Harley Davidson and chassis cab models, will be sold at employee discounted price plus cash incentives,.
Beginning June 3, participating dealers will receive supplemental window stickers for 2008 models F-Series outlining the MSRP, the employee discount and applicable cash rebates.
The Ford Employee Pricing Plan will be advertised through print, television, radio and Internet ads featuring the employees who build Ford F-Series pickups.
Ford Truck Leadership
Ford continues to build on its 31 consecutive years of truck leadership. Since its debut in 1948, Ford has sold more than 33 million F-Series trucks around the world. Today, there are more F-Series pickups on the road with 250,000 miles than any other brand. Besides being America's favorite truck, it has also been the its best-selling vehicle for 26 years in a row.
The 2008 F-Series Super Duty builds on Ford truck leadership with a bold new exterior design, a finely crafted, functional and capable interior and an all-new 6.4-liter Power Stroke® clean diesel engine.
Super Duty also leads the segment in innovation, introducing the following new features for 2008:
- An industry-first fully integrated Tailgate Step provides simple access to the truck bed.
- An industry-first stowable bed extender offers customers a convenient means of adding cargo-hauling flexibility.
- Industry-exclusive PowerScope® tow side mirrors, power-fold and power-telescope to enhance the towing experience.
- A factory installed Cargo Management System - the market's strongest and most versatile provides greater hauling flexibility and securely stows all types of cargo.
- An available Rearview Camera System, which is mounted in the tailgate handle bezel and activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse, giving the driver a clear view while backing up, particularly when lining up to a trailer hitch. The video image is displayed in the self-dimming rearview mirror - a segment exclusive.
- An exclusive and innovative new Mid-box, mounted in front of the standard pickup box and behind the cab, provides lockable storage for tools and other valuable items.
In the 2008 model year, Ford expanded its already unparalleled lineup of more than 60 unique F-150 models with the addition of the new Lariat Limited, a Wheels and Stripes Package on the STX and the first-time availability of an XL SuperCrew with either 5.5- or 6.5-foot Styleside box. In addition, a special "Chip Foose" edition of the F-150 is offered late in the model year.