BMW X1 to be built in Leipzig
BMW hasn't announced what exact markets the X1 is destined for, but the decision to produce in Liepzig is part of BMW's efforts to shift production into the regions in which its vehicles are primarily sold. As such, the next X3 will join the X5 and X6 at BMW's Spartanburg plant, instead of the Magna center where it's currently produced.
Expect the BMW X1 to be revealed later this year or early in 2009.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies