2008 Grand Caravan gets mostly good crash results
In front crash tests, the newly redesigned minivan gets all green Gs, the highest rating the Institute gives and in side crashes, the Dodge's multiple airbags helped it get all Gs except in the "structure/safety cage" category, where it got the next lower Acceptable rating. The IIHS Web site doesn't have any explanation for that slightly lower rating.
The Caravan got an overall rating of Marginal in the rear crash protection test, though. For more info on what that means, the IIHS goes into detail here.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies