52mpg Peugeot 308 now available as police car
[Source: Peugeot UK]
GREEN PEUGEOT 308 GETS THE BLUE-LIGHT TREATMENT
- Peugeot's first 308 Police cars are due out on patrol this month
- 308 HDi 90 S is the ideal green choice for a blue light patrol, combining performance with 120gCO2/km emissions with fuel economy of 62.7mpg
- Peugeot's Special Vehicle Operation now equips the 308 with 'Blue-light' conversions for UK Police forces
The Peugeot 308 is now available as a front-line police car, following the completion of the first equipped conversions by Peugeot's Special Vehicle Operation (PSVO), based in Coventry. 308 is also available as a 'one stop shop' vehicle purchase for all Police Forces.
Due to its low CO2 emissions, the 308 1.6-litre HDi 90 S is one of the 'greenest' diesel vehicles adopted by police forces in the UK with just 120g/km and fuel economy of 62.7mpg (Combined Cycle). The 308 can comfortably seat five people yet reaches 62mph in just 12.8 seconds, making it a practical and efficient squad car.
In addition to its environmental credentials, the 308 police car also features a quality conversion by PSVO that includes a (blue) light bar, siren, PA system, hand set, control box, LED bumper lights and a full police livery. The next project for PSVO will be to adapt the brand new 308 SW estate vehicle for Police use.
Andy Bye, Manager of PSVO, said; "The 307 has been a success with UK Police fleets, and the improvements in the new 308 mean we have a very competitive proposition – a product that performs well at all levels. Police forces are increasingly mindful of the operational cost of running a fleet, and their impact upon the environment. The Peugeot 308 HDi 90 S combines low emissions and strong fuel economy, without compromising its role, with added practicality and performance."
The in-house team at PSVO is a dedicated one-stop-shop for all Peugeot emergency services vehicle conversions, including Police Support Unit, Canine Patrol conversions, 'Scenes of Crimes' and 'Cell' vehicles.
- Biggest automotive sales disappointments
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models