GMNext talks about turbo four cylinder Camaros
Within the next couple of years the Camaro will very likely get smaller, more efficient engines. GM already offers a turbocharged direct injected 2.0L four cylinder in the Solstice and Sky that could easily be dropped into the Camaro. In addition to the turbo DI engine's inherently better efficiency compared to the larger units, it is also significantly lighter. When GM announced their second-generation mild hybrid system in March they indicated that it could and would be used in rear wheel drive applications in addition to front wheel drive. It seems likely that we will see a Camaro with a 2.0L turbo and mild hybrid system, probably by about 2011.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models