VW Sharan BlueMotion already on sale in Germany
The BlueMotion moniker is the denomination that Volkswagen gives to its low CO2-producing models. Such a label might not seem appropriate for a 7-seat minivan, but that didn't stop the Sharan BlueMotion from making its introduction at Geneva in February. Now, the Sharan BlueMotion is on sale in Germany. The BlueMotion designation means CO2 emissions of 159g/km compared to the 177g/km from the regular model. Average fuel consumption of the new van is 6 l/100 km (38mpg U.S.) which is quite impressive for a seven-passenger vehicle of this size. The Sharan is propelled by a 140hp 2.0L TDI engine with a diesel particulate filter at the exhaust. Prices start at €32,200.
[Source: Autoblog en Español]
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- Ford GT production extended by two years
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Honda reveals Civic hatch
- Jeremy Clarkson on his way to Game of Thrones
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!