City Transport Cell electric concept car - neat, but unlikely
As part of a project to create a Volkswagen concept city car for the year 2020, Stefan Mathys, Christoph Bigler, Florian Kaufmann, and Thomas Spycher came up with the City Transport Cell (CTC). Besides being completely electric, there are some novel ideas in this concept, not the least of which are the full-height doors and customizable seating-arrangement. The year 2020 is not nearly as far away as it once seemed (funny how that always happens) but we don't imagine that our roadways will be filled with anything resembling the CTC anytime soon. Still, we think that it's good for designers to push the boundaries of current car design in an effort to invent something truly revolutionary.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models