SAE Congress '08: MTU's Challenge X green vehicle coming to Detroit
The Challenge X vehicle from Michigan Tech will be in Detroit this week and we'll try to make time for another spin in the SUV during the SAE Congress. In mid-2007, the MTU vehicle's belt-alternator starter system (similar to what GM uses in the production Saturn Vue and Aura) felt smoother to us than some production hybrids, even though the team was sitting in the lower half of the pack in the overall rankings.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models