The Skidscooter, an amphibious scooter concept
Here's a concept that we never would have thought of ourselves: the Skidscooter. This award-winning design melds two transportation methods - a powered electric scooter on land and a swimming-aid in water - into one product. On land, both the front and rear wheels are powered by in-hub electric motors and those same motors provide motive force on water, acting as propellers with their thrust directed towards the rear of the device. Does anybody actually need a device like this? Probably not, with the possible exception of a certain British spy and people who want to cheat in a triathlon. At least it looks like a well-designed answer to one question nobody asked.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models