As part of the 2008 Global Automotive Survey, the automotive division of law firm Dykema Gossett PLLC surveyed 46 leading automotive executives in America on their opinions regarding the upcoming presidential race and the forecast for the U.S. automotive industry. The picture that the respondents painted in their responses was anything but bright.

Regarding the three leading presidential candidates, 70% favored Republican Senator John McCain. However, the survey indicated that the favor was due less to McCain's record regarding the automobile industry and more in juxtaposition to those of rival Democratic candidates Senators Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama, the latter garnering the most opposition with 57% of respondents viewing an Obama administration as having a potentially negative impact on the industry. The survey also addressed the executives' attitudes towards the future of the carmaking industry in America, in which not a single respondent conveyed a positive outlook, while 87% projected a negative outlook with the remaining 13% responding neutrally.

[Source: The Detroit News, Photo by Bryan Mitchell/Getty]

I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.

    • 1 Second Ago
  • 2015 Toyota Highlander
    MSRP: $29,765 - $44,140
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    MSRP: $29,995 - $64,895
    2015 Honda Accord
    MSRP: $22,105 - $33,630
    2015 Honda Civic
    MSRP: $18,290 - $26,740
    2015 Mazda Mazda3
    MSRP: $16,945 - $25,545
    Share This Photo X