Solving Michigan's decrepit roads by going back to gravel?
With the state of Michigan suffering perennial budget shortfalls and everything already pared to the bone, this may be the only financially viable option for some counties and municipalities. The gravel option is considered only a temporary fix until the financial situation in the state improves. However, there are currently no indications that will happen anytime soon. If they do start grinding up some roads, hopefully they will at least grade them periodically, in which case they may be smoother than they are now.
[Source: Lansing State Journal]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models