Even the Weinermobile is downsizing! Now based on a MINI Cooper S!
The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile is one of America's automotive icons. The giant hot dogs have rolled around the country since the original appeared in 1936 promoting the brand's products. There have been numerous generations over the last seven decades built on a variety of truck and motorhome chassis. It now appears that rising fuel prices have even forced the weiner to shrink. The newest Weinermobile is built on top of a MINI Cooper S and an ABC news crew got it on camera this week. Unfortunately, ABC hasn't caught on to that whole embeddable video thing so you'll have to head over there to check out the video report. See more images of previous Weinermobiles in the gallery below.
[Source: ABC, via MotorFile]
- Great cars with manual transmissions
- Ford GT production extended by two years
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Honda reveals Civic hatch
- The Scaldarsi Emperor I is one hideous Maybach
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!