- Mar 12, 2008
List of "stars" for 2008 Toyota Pro/Celebrity race announced
The Pro/Celeb race used to attract big names from pop culture, and we've got the gallery of archival pics to prove it. We're talking top talent like Matt Leblanc, Ricky Schroder, Camaron Diaz, Patrick Stewart, Cybill Shepherd, George Lucas, Gene Hackman, Kelsey Grammar, Joe Montana, Cuba Gooding Jr., Woody Harrelson, Jay Leno, Tony Danza (TONY DANZA!), and yes, even David Hasselhoff. Oh, and Alfonso Ribeiro, who friggin' rules. Thanks for the tip, Eric!
Celebrity list for 2008 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race
- Drew Lachey - Singer and actor, best known as the second-season winner of ABC's Dancing with the Stars and member of the group 98 Degrees. Appeared on Broadway in "Rent."
- Raymond Cruz - Actor, best known for his roles as Det. Sanchez on CBS's The Closer and as Tuco in the critically acclaimed AMC series Breaking Bad. Film roles include "Clear and Present Danger," "The Substitute," "The Rock," and "Training Day."
- Wilmer Valderrama - Actor, best known for the role of Fez in the FOX sitcom That '70s Show and host of MTV's Yo Momma.
- Eric Dickerson - Pro Football Hall of Famer, widely considered to be one of the greatest running backs in NFL history. In his 10-year career, played for the Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Raiders and Atlanta Falcons.
- John Salley - Sportscaster, Emmy-nominated Best Damn Sports Show Period; four-time NBA champion. Retired from the NBA Detroit Pistons, Chicago Bulls and LA Lakers.
- Daniel Goddard - Actor, starring as Cane Ashby on The Young and the Restless. Also played Dar on the BeastMaster TV series.
- Jamie Little - ESPN/ABC pit reporter for NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series. Has covered the Indy Racing League and both the Winter and Summer X Games.
- Nancy Lieberman - ESPN women's basketball analyst. Renowned collegiate and WNBA professional basketball player and coach; member of the Basketball Hall of Fame; Olympic Silver Medalist.
- Brad Lewis - Film producer and director. Executive Producer of Pixar's Academy Award winning film "Ratatouille," the 20th Century Fox hit "Broken Arrow" (with John Travolta and Christian Slater) and Dreamworks' "Forces of Nature" and "Antz."
- William Fichtner - Actor, starring as FBI special agent Alexander Mahone in the FOX series Prison Break. Also appeared in Academy Award-winning best picture "Crash," as well as "Blades of Glory," "Armageddon," "Black Hawk Down," "Go," and "Heat."