Avis wants you to Rent-A-Vette
We've had to endure our fair share of craptacular rental whips during our travels (Faux carbon fiber trim in a minivan? Seriously Dodge?), but making the trek from airport to hotel to auto show and back could be a bit more bearable behind the wheel of a new Corvette. That's exactly what Avis is doing, by adding the 430-hp 6.2-liter V8 convertible 'Vette to its line of "Cool Collection" cars. While the $164.99 daily rental price isn't too hard to swallow, the drop-top Corvette's availability will be limited to the warm climes of Arizona, California, Florida and, appropriately, Las Vegas. If there aren't any more Shelby GT-Hs available through Hertz, we think we might have found our next ride for the LA Auto Show or SEMA.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video