Geneva 2008: ?koda shows off the Superb GreenLine
The latest version of the VW Passat-derived Škoda Superb is making its official debut in Geneva this week, and the Czech marque's flagship will also be offered in the eco-themed GreenLine trim. Many of Volkswagen's BlueMotion lessions are applied here, meaning a redesigned, more aerodynamic fascia, lowered ride height, reduced weight, taller gearing and an efficient engine underhood. In the case of the Superb GreenLine, power is derived from a 1.9L TDI PD DPF with a diesel particulate filter good for 103-horses and around 184 lb-ft of torque. End result? 46 U.S. mpg (5.1 l / 100 km) in the combined cycle and carbon dioxide emissions of 136 g/km. And no, we don't think you need to take the giant leaf graphic as part of the deal.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies