Nissan, Mitsubishi will expand mini-car deal
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
Nissan Motor Company and Mitsubishi Motors to expand OEM supply agreement for mini-cars
Tokyo, February 27, 2008 - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation today announced an agreement to expand their original equipment manufacturing (OEM) supply involving mini-cars.
Nissan and Mitsubishi currently have OEM agreements in Japan, where Mitsubishi supplies Nissan with mini-cars and small light commercial vehicles (LCV) while Nissan supplies light commercial vehicles to Mitsubishi.
The expanded agreement will add two new scopes of co-operation:
1. Expanded OEM supply in Japan. Mitsubishi will supply its Pajero Mini SUV to Nissan starting from autumn 2008 on an OEM basis.
2. Explore opportunities for expanded light commercial vehicle supply. Both companies will explore collaboration on the development, production and OEM supply of small light commercial vehicles for Japan and overseas markets.
Nissan has a proven track record of successful OEM product exchanges. These extend across many automakers and into multiple global markets, each one executed on a win-win basis for both parties involved.
Mitsubishi aims to improve its productivity and management efficiencies by growing its OEM business, and will continue to pursue a win-win strategy between collaborative partners on a global level.
[Source: Nissan, Mitsubishi]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models