Geneva 2008 preview: Hyundai HED-5 and more
Other Hyundai offerings will include "low-emission versions of Hyundai production models" and a "new package of innovations" that can reduce CO2 emissions by 29 percent "without punitive penalties in price, performance or driving enjoyment. This 'near production' package represents a realistic and achievable advance in reduced emissions and fuel consumption." Stay tuned.
- Chicago 2008 video: Hyundai brings the i-Blue to North America
- Hyundai to be next with a plug-in hybrid announcement?
- LG Chem gets exclusive contract to supply LiIon batteries to Hyundai/Kia
HYUNDAI AT THE 2008 GENEVA MOTOR SHOW
- HED-5 concept: six-seater with advanced materials and versatility
- World premiere of a range of Eco-Dynamic vehicles
- World premiere of the new Matrix
Star attraction will be the HED-5, a six seat MPV that promises a new level of versatility combined with exceptional fuel economy. The revolutionary materials and construction techniques have been developed in co-operation with innovation partners such as Recaro, Bayer and LG.
As a company that has always prided itself on environmental friendliness and innovation, the challenge of reducing emissions from its range was irresistible to Hyundai.
A new package of innovations to be revealed at the show demonstrates how existing technology can make a significant (up to 29 percent) reduction in CO2 emissions, without punitive penalties in price, performance or driving enjoyment. This "near production" package represents a realistic and achievable advance in reduced emissions and fuel consumption.
Another model making its debut will be the 2008 Matrix mini MPV. The exterior styling is given a contemporary new look and is complemented by a refreshed range of colours. The interior is also adapted to bring it into line with other current Hyundai models.
A press conference will take place at the Hyundai stand in Hall 1, Booth 1031.1 on March 4th at 15.45 PM.
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models