Report: global market for PHEV will reach 130,000 by 2015
I did not buy it but I think I will take a shot at trying to figure out how they got to 130,000 PHEVs. GM will have sold the Volt for four years and they say tens of thousands a year (40,000). GM also say they will sell their Saturn Vue plug-ins which should be high volume as well (30,000). Five years after releasing only to fleets, Toyota should start to ramp up sales (30,000). Add in a few plug-ins hybrids from Ford and a few other major volume auto makers (30,000) and you get to that worldwide units PHEVs sold number of 130,000 in 2015.
[Source: Frost & Sullivan]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies