Why is Paggio doing this now? Israel recently instated a "green tax" on cars hoping to develop their electric car market. A Paggio company spokesman says they have won approval "in principle" for the tax breaks on the purchase price of cars. Project Better Place and Renault were the first companies to come out in support of Israel's push for electric cars but it's open to any green car maker. I fully expect many more automakers to sign up just like they did with Thailand's government program to make green cars.
- Israel considering making electric vehicles completely tax free
- Israeli government passes "green tax" on cars
- It's official! Project Better Place, Renault signs deal to bring electric cars to Israel
- Piaggio's MP3 family grows with 500 and 400 models
- Piaggio launches a three and four-wheeled offensive, with diesel and CNG engines