If successful, the Tata Nano will likely push up gas prices
This possibility is the subject of a CNN story that quotes oil analyst Peter Beutel as saying that, "We'll get into a situation where we'll have to compete with them for gasoline, $4, $5 a gallon, who knows how high we could go." Beutel's estimate is that $4 or $5 gallons of gasoline could come to the U.S. much sooner than 2015. Considering that the 50+mpg Nano is kind of a gateway car and that larger, thirstier vehicles will be offered to the people who outgrow the Nano, then what?
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models