Ricardo gets award for High Performance Engineering
Engineering consultancy Ricardo has won an award for High Performance Engineering. The prize came from an organization with a name that could only be British, The Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers of London. The award was in recognition of Ricardo's work on the dual clutch transmission for the 1,001 hp Bugatti Veyron and the engines for the JCB DieselMax. The JCB DieselMax set a land speed record of 350.092mph in 2006. These days Ricardo is working a range of alternative powertrain projects like the transmission for the Tesla Roadster as well as working with companies on ways to meet the new 35mpg CAFE standards.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video