Mercedes diesel-electric hybrid Citaro bus wins Dekra award
The Citaro reduces fuel consumption through a diesel-electric hybrid system that uses in-wheel motors (combined output of 320kW) that provide regenerative braking along with roof-mounted li-ion batteries. Daimler said that the Citaro hybrid will use between 20 and 30 percent less fuel than your standard diesel Citaros. The buses will soon be tested and the first production vehicles should be ready in 2009.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models