Porsche accelerating fuel economy efforts
Porsche is also looking at other ways to reduce fuel consumption including weight reductions like the magnesium doors on the new Panamera. They are also adding direct fuel injection to their engines which should provide a boost in both power and efficiency. In the past Porsche has been openly dismissive of diesel engines saying their weight and torque characteristics was incompatible with its cars. However, the success of newer high-performance diesels such as the Audis and Peugeots at Le Mans - as well as on the road - may be causing them to revisit that attitude too.
[Source: Just-Auto - Sub. req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies