Ford narrows fourth quarter loss, more buyouts in 2008
While operating in the red is never a good thing, the narrowing losses at least show momentum in the right direction, even if the automaker still expects an overall loss in 2008, as well. To further that momentum along, Ford will be cutting more costs in 2008, including offering more buyouts to the 54,000 hourly workers that remain in its employ after over 30,000 workers accepted buyouts in 2006. It didn't say how many additional buyouts would be offered, but Automotive News is reporting that it will be around 13,000 workers.
[Source: CNN Money]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies