BBTV talks diesel and car-hacking with Gale Banks
Last fall, Boing Boing's Xeni Jardin spent some time lovin' Gale Banks and his land speed record diesel trucks. Boing Boing TV has released a few more episodes of XJ in the Banks garage, this time talking about the technology, economy and ecology of diesel fuel. The most recent episode (focusing on diesel and DIY) is available above; another on Car Hacking with Gale Banks is available after the jump. Car hacking is about more than making your Prius a sweet PHEV. Banks explains how encryption and 3D visualization software help his team design the powerful (and, considering, economical) racing engines. As XJ wrote to AutoblogGreen: "Good times. :)" Indeed.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies