Detroit 2008: Hang Ten with Tang Hua
Click above for mini gallery of high-res hilarity
Sister site AB Green did a post on the Tang Hua clan yesterday, but we had to get in on the fun, too. A trio of bright yellow Dr. Suess-mobiles are being displayed by the Chinese company in the basement of COBO. As you might imagine, Chinese cars don't necessarily get that much respect here in Detroit, but when they look like these three Disneyland rejects, showgoers can't help but smile. Or laugh. And they don't even have the decency to run on dead dino juice, so that just makes them even more comical here in Motor City. Each of these three "neighborhood electric vehicles" has its own charms, but we tend to like the amphibious one above the best. And what better customer to espouse your product than the "Renowned environmentalists - President Bush..."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX