Detroit 2008: Audi targeting Q4 2008 Q7 hybrid intro, A4 hybrid to follow
Off in a remote corner of the Audi booth is a display labeled A4 hybrid drive-train. According to an Audi representative this is the same hybrid system being developed for the Q7 SUV. The Q7 hybrid is still targeted for a production launch in the fourth quarter of 2008. Audi has not firmed up a launch date yet for the A4 hybrid although they are hoping to launch it in soon after the Q7. On the technical side, the A4 uses a 2.0L TFSI turbocharged direct injected four cylinder and a lithium ion battery. The battery pack looks notably compact compared the NiMH units used in some other current hybrids.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models