Chrysler will sell the Nissan Versa in South America
Chrysler LLC and Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., have announced that they have reached an agreement in which Nissan will provide Chrysler a car, to be distributed only in South America, based on the Nissan Versa for 2009. This is the second supply agreement between the two automakers, since JATCO, a Nissan subsidiary, has been providing Chrysler transmissions since 2004.
Chrysler's CEO Tom LaSorda stated that it was a good agreement that helps the company maximize their product line without investing in R+D or plants, giving access to the company to new market segments.
The two companies also announced that they are keeping "an open dialog" in order to "explore future opportunities for sharing products".
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models