Rumors become expectations: Renault CEO to arrive in Israel for electric car project presentation
On the other hand, the Green Tax Committee that recommended a purchase tax of 10 percent (compared to 78 percent on regular cars, if you wondered) said that this break should be ended if the market share for EVs exceeds 20 percent. This measure could be valid through the end of 2014 if it's protecting an emerging industry. The GTC also recommended taxing electricity so the cost per kilometer would be similar to the cost of using gasoline or diesel.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies