Abandoned bicycles turned into free rentals in Japan
The remarkable thing is that this company used to sell those bikes at a very low price, which resulted in more abandoned bikes or carelessly parked. By renting them, users must (well, should) return them at some point. The company is expanding this model in cities and colleges around Japan.
An added note: public rental services in Europe are managed by advertising companies (JCDecaux for Paris and Lyon and ClearChannel in Barcelona).
[Source: Japan for Sustainability]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video