BorgWarner to supply turbos for Ford's V8 diesels
BorgWarner has won the bid to begin supplying International Engine with a turbocharger setup that will help power Ford's F-series pickups. The new turbo system, which employs a two-stage snail and variable turbine geometry (VTG), will be slapped onto the 6.4-liter PowerStroke V8 diesel, and will increase the oilburner's output while simultaneously lowering emissions. This newest implementation of VTG proves what BorgWarner asserted back in March when it released a report saying that the new turbocharger setup will filter its way down to lesser models in the coming years.
[Source: Automotive News – Sub. Req.]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies