A lot of people have a pre-conception that electric vehicles are slower than gas-powered vehicles. We're going to bust that myth. ... Today we're testing ATV's. We have a gas-powered one and an electric one. Tomorrow it's go-carts, and then cars.
The Record Bee also writes the Mythbusters tried to get a gas- and electric-powered Polaris ATV but did not mention the type of car or go-cart. Full disclosure, Jamie Hyneman help develop an electric ATV and I have not been too positive on the show in several articles.
Editor's note: we can bust this myth right now by talking to Michael Kadie or Dennis "Kilowatt" Berube or Gale Banks or ...
- Mythbuster Jamie Hyneman helps develop electric Model One ATV
- Mistakes in the Mythbusters' episode on fuel economy devices
- Mythbusters: drafting 10 feet behind a big rig will improve mileage 39 percent
- Mythbusters' mistakes in AC vs windows down episode
- Would a superhero drive a Prius? We're not sure, but the Mythbusters do!
- NY Times writes about the history of electric drag racing