Hennessey Venom 650R upgrade gives Dodge Viper 678 horses
This is the part we love. It's when the OEMs and tuners start throwing haymakers at each other by releasing cars capable of bending the space/time continuum, so gaudy are their horsepower and performance numbers. The flurry comes in advance of the Corvette ZR1, which is poised to blow everyone away with what are certain to be obscene performance capabilities. The Nissan GT-R is now on record with a 3.3-second 0-60 time, a quarter mile in the elevens, and the handling capabilities its AWD system brings to the table. Dodge's '08 Viper puts out some impressive numbers to begin with, and now, ahead of the super-duper Vette's arrival, Hennessey has announced the 650R upgrade for all of Dodge's 2008 snakes - coupe, 'vert and ACR. The kit, which includes new headers, a 3-inch exhaust, performance cats, a K&N filter, and a brake upgrade, boosts power from the stock 600 hp to 678. At the dragstrip, the added juice translates into a 0-60 of 3.3 seconds (same as the stock GT-R), and a quarter mile time of 11.3 seconds at 131 mph. Swap out the street tires for drag radials, and the quarter drops to 10.7 seconds at 132 mph. Top speed for the coupe is estimated to be 211 mph. So, how will the Corvette ZR1 stack up against the newest batch of street monsters? We don't know yet, but let's just say that you might want to click back here one last time tonight before you start counting sheep, capisce?
[Source: Hennessey Performance Engineering]
Hennessey adds 78 horsepower to the 2008 Viper SRT10 to Combat Upcoming 2009 Corvette Blue Devil ZR-1
Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) today announced that it is introducing the company's first high-performance upgrade system for the new 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10. Known as the Venom 650R, the engine modifications increase by 78 horsepower giving the Viper the ability to accelerate from 0 to 150 mph 1.5 seconds quicker (15.5 sec. versus 17.0 sec.) than the already factory-fast 2008 Viper that offers a stout 600 horsepower.
The Venom 650R package consists of custom fabricated long tube stainless-steel exhaust headers with 1 7/8-inch primary tubes flowing into 5-to-1 merge collectors. From there, the spent exhaust gases flow through aftermarket catalytic converters before traveling through a full 3-inch stainless-steel exhaust system fit with high-flow stainless-steel mufflers. Other performance upgrades include: K&N high-flow air filter element, 2-piece light-weight cross-drilled brake rotors (saving 8 lbs per corner), professional installation, dyno testing, Hennessey Venom Power floor mats and exclusive Hennessey Venom 650R exterior badges. Each Venom 650R has a serial numbered plaque located in the cockpit and under the hood. Rounding out the package, the Venom 650R will carry a full 3 year / 36,000 mile Hennessey warranty that will cover the modifications performed to the vehicle.
HPE plans to build 200 units for the 2008 model year. Many of these cars will be available through an exclusive Hennessey dealer network comprised of high-performance minded Dodge dealers.
The Hennessey Venom 650R upgrade package gives 2008 Viper owners the option to fend off any Corvette Blue Devil ZR-1s that they might encounter in the coming New Year.
2008 Hennessey Venom 650R Specifications:
Available for all 2008 Viper SRT10 models including Coupe, Convertible and ACR.
- 678 bhp @ 6,200 rpm
- 645 lb-ft torque @ 5,200 rpm
- 0 - 60 mph: 3.3 sec.
- 0 - 150 mph: 15.5 sec. (stock 2008 Viper = 17.0 sec.)
- 1/4 mile (street): 11.3 @ 131 mph (factory Michelin PS2 tires)
- 1/4 mile (track): 10.7 @ 132 mph (BFG 345/18 drag radial tires)
- Top Speed: 211 mph (estimated for the hardtop coupe)
- 1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
- Full 3 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- High Flow Catalytic Converters
- K&N Airfilter Element
- Light-weight 2-piece Cross-drilled Brake Rotor Upgrade (front & rear)
- Powered by Hennessey Valve Cover Badges
- Hennessey & Venom 650R Badges
- Hennessey Windshield Banner
- Hennessey Venom Power Floor Mats
- Serial Numbered Dash Plaque & Engine Compartment Plaque
- Limited Production - Only 200 units will be offered for sale for the 2008 Viper model year.
- Limited Warranty - 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Lifetime Headers & Exhaust Warranty for Original Owner
- Available from Hennessey / Dodge dealers or installed at the Hennessey Performance factory located at Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy, Texas.
- Professional installation at HPE includes all necessary gaskets and fluids plus before and after chassis dyno testing plus up to 100 miles of road testing.
- Mail Order kit also available.
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models