Honda recalling 43,000 Acuras for power steering hose
The high temperatures created by the V6 under the RL's hood are apparently causing some cracks to form in the power steering hose that could lead to fluid leaking onto the catalytic converter, resulting in a fire, which is bad. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration issued the recall, but no injuries or fires have been reported as of yet.
Approximately 43,200 Acura RLs are affected by the recall and since it's likely that you're more informed than your local Acura service department, we'd suggest you print out this post and tell the folks at your dealer that you've got a friend in the industry.
[Source: Detroit News]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video