In China, Toyota and Honda currently offer a hybrid for sale. Recently, China's Changan Auto debuted its first hybrid and other Chinese automakers like BYD and Chery said they would offer hybrids next year. In a recent speech, Bob Lutz said China admired the Buick brand over any other GM brand. Currently there are no plans to release a Buick LaCrosse hybrid in the American market.
GM has said they would release 16 hybrids in the next 4 years and the US market already has the Aura hybrid, so a Buick hybrid in the U.S. is possible. Below the fold is a Chinese TV ad for the Buick.
- Want a Buick hybrid? Move to China, where the LaCrosse hybrid is coming soon
- LA Auto Show video: Bob Lutz confirms GM will release 16 hybrids in next four years
- China's Changan Auto's first hybrid model: Jiexun-HEV
- Chery has huge plans for hybrids in 2008 and beyond
- China's BYD Automobile to make hybrid next year
UPDATE: Thanks to Ash, image has been changed.