Toyota plans on building "bed to bed" robots?
Considering that Honda is building robots already, it's not hard to imagine Toyota starting to do so as well. In addition to the electric-wheelchair-with-a-brain known as Mobility Robot (MR), they've also created one that plays the violin.
The idea behind the MR is that elderly or infirmed individuals could be taken from their bed, up and down stairs, to their cars and back to bed... pretty much anything that a person would need, mobility-wise. And all on battery power. Of course, Toyota backed off when asked if their robot was better than Honda's.
[Source: International Herald Tribune via The Truth About Cars]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies