Renault Alpine coming in 2010 with midship turbo-power
Renault hasn't done much to tap into its Formula One successes, nor has it provided credible competition to the RX-8s and 350Zs of the world. That's all going to change come 2010. Renault is expected to revive the much-loved Alpine name and slap it on the back of two-door coupe powered by a turbocharged engine mounted amidships. AutoExpress has it on good authority that designers are wrapping up the exterior and that a Megane-bodied mule caught testing on the Nurburgring is actually the new Alpine being put through its paces. Renault is confident that the new coupe won't go the way of the Sport Spider that was dropped in 1997 after it was maligned for offering little refinement and even less practicality. We're hoping to see the Alpine make its concept debut in Paris next year.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX