UPDATE: 520-HP V10 for Audi R8 coming in 2008
In his interview regarding the incinerated R8s, Quattro boss Werner Frowein said that Audi was experimenting with a V10 that would get more than 500 horsepower, but the fact that the brand would commit to a brand new powerplant -- even if it is an evolution -- is somewhat surprising. Evo pegs the new engine at about 520 brake horsepower, which would put it ahead of the M-division unit from BMW and even the freer breathing versions of AMG's 6.2-liter lump. The car's arrival has been pushed back slightly to satisfy demand for the regular R8, though. In the mean time, we'll savor the possibility that the new engine will go in the S8.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models